Our Driver’s Ed Programs in Colorado
Teenage Program — Our high-quality program for teenagers consists of thirty hours of in-class instruction and six hours of behind-the-wheel instruction. The behind-the-wheel instruction takes place after the classroom instruction is completed. Teenagers who are at least 14 years and 6 months of age may take these courses.
Behind the Wheel Instruction — Students learn many concepts during their behind-the-wheel instruction. The following includes some of the things they will learn during this part of the instruction. However, they also learn other skills that are not listed here:
- Right and left turns in residential areas in traffic
- Braking, stopping, and starting
- Driving in straight traffic
- Lane placement of the automobile
- Instruments and controls
- Curb and distance judgment
- Changing lanes in traffic
- Reverse straight
- Blind intersections
- Turnabouts and U-turns
- Hill driving and parking
- Freeway driving
- Basic mechanics
- Parking in residential areas
- Blind intersections
- Shopping center parking
- Defensive driving
Home Study Program — Students may now take the classroom portion of the driving program in the comfort of their own home and at their own pace if they prefer. They will receive a copy of the classroom lectures and discussions on DVD, quizzes, videos, and a study guide and workbook to complete at home. When they have finished, they will return these materials and they may then take the behind-the-wheel instruction.
Private Lessons — Adults and teenagers may take behind-the-wheel instruction private lessons. New drivers, nervous drivers, international students, and individuals wanting to improve their driving skills take these lessons at their convenience.
Classes are held at various locations in Fort Collins and Loveland. The classroom portions are organized in this manner:
- Saturday only classes are held from 9 am – 3:30 pm for 5 Saturdays in a row.
- Sunday only classes are held from 9 am – 3:30 pm and may be completed in five weeks.
- Christmas session classes are held where students may complete the classroom portion of our course in five days.
- Spring Break classes are held which coincide with local school district spring breaks.
- Summer classes are designed to help students complete their driver education during their summer break. Some of these may be completed in one week.
After the classroom portions are completed, students then take the behind-the-wheel portion of the course. They do not occur at the same time.
For more about our classes in Fort Collins, Loveland, or Greeley dial 970-223-8900. We can answer any further questions you have and help you register. Call today!